Monday, July 15, 2013

Rare Souls

I've been extremely blessed to have shared the last few years with two truly incredible, inspiring, strong and caring people in my life. These two mentors and role models have opened up my eyes to the world in front of me and made me into a better and more well-rounded individual. It is seldom to come across people outside of your family or circle of friends that genuinely transform your life and impact you on such a level that surpasses comprehension. People who are composed of this type of nature are what I call a rare soul.

I believe that those of us who are lucky to come across a rare soul, only do so once or twice in a lifetime and when they make their appearance, they do not often stay in our presence for long. So it is important to take a moment during that seemingly transient amount of time, to acknowledge their impactful existence in our life as frequently as we can.  They come into our life as a blessing for a reason and one should not be sad when time together is cut short. As the infamous quote by Dr. Seuss says,  

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Please remember...


  • To always be grateful and appreciate the time spent with those who make a difference in your life no matter if it is family, friends, or a rare soul, etc. 
  • Make every moment count with those individuals because once it comes time for them to move on to a higher place, memories and lessons learned will be the only thing remaining. 
  • Never go a day without telling someone how much they mean to you because you never truly know how much time anyone has left. 

I hope each of you reading this post will come across a "rare soul" or two that will make a phenomenal difference in your life because it was a remarkable period of time in mine, one that I will always cherish and take with me wherever my path leads in this world.  Everything that these two individuals taught me and the memories we share together will never leave me. I hope and pray that one day I can return the favor by being someone else's rare soul. 


I have to ask, 


Have you had the privilege of meeting a rare soul?
If so, who and how did they change your life?
Are you telling those you care about just how much they mean to you as often as you can?


"How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."


You have taught me immeasurable fortitude and self-worth, to never to give up on myself, others or my dreams and to always "Believe".
I love you Kim and Robe. May you Rest In Peace. 

"It's the Journey, not the Destination."





No comments:

Post a Comment