Friday, January 3, 2014

Why Not?



Two small but powerful words..


It has not been until this past year that I've really started to come to terms with who I am, what I want to be and how I want to live my life.  Recently, it has become ever so present that our time on earth is short. I don't want to go through life without any regrets. I don't want to reach the years of old age and incapability, wishing that I would have taken more risks, more chances, or have done things I always wanted to do but maybe was afraid to when I had the chance. Pushing your boundaries, testing your limits, having fun and doing something out of the ordinary or on a whim is part of life. It's how you truly get the most out of your time here.


Next time you enter a situation in with a yes or no answer, ask yourself "Why not?". 
 Honestly, what is the worst that can truly happen besides not making memories and feeling full of regret?


At this moment, you are the youngest you will ever be, take the chance. Life is short. Why not! 


"Why not?" has been my motto and a saying you would often hear me utter throughout my first semester of college. Not only has it helped me break out of my shell even more and allow me to make some pretty neat memories but it has helped me learn more about myself and others. 
I can recall a night in which I stayed up until sunrise walking around campus (why not take a night time adventure around school?)  with my best friend. We talked about anything and everything. Naturally, I frequently questioned the topics we were discussing as well as where our wandering would take us. It led to interesting topics, neat places and I learned so much more about both my dear friend and myself too.


I am not saying to live reclessly and use "Why not?" as your end all answer but...


"Enjoy your youth. You will never be younger than you are in this moment." Find your passion and live it out, enjoy every minute, spend your time with those who you care about and whom care about you, and take a risk. You have all this time at your disposal and you waste it if you do not enjoy it. 

Why not do what makes you happy? Why not try something new? Why not embarrass yourself and have fun? Who cares?  Why not stay up all night and enjoy time with your friends?  Why not make memories that will last a lifetime? Why not travel? Why not do something out of character for once? Why not do something to find who you are?


Ever find yourself wishing you would have done something? Change it. Why not do it now?

WHY NOT?


No comments:

Post a Comment