Saturday, October 19, 2013

Spending Time.


Have you ever truly taken the time to search deep within yourself in order to make sure you are on your right path in the whirlwind we call life? Time goes by incredibly fast and before you know it, our hourglass is empty.

Do you really know what you want to do with your time here on earth?


If so, are you living up to your goals? Or did you create empty plans and promises to “follow through” with when you have “time” in the future. Guess what? If that is true, you need to readjust your path because you may never get your chance to reach your goals. Not one single person knows how long they will be here. So why not start living the way you want to now, when you have countless grains of sand left at the top of your hourglass and immeasurable opportunities at your fingertips?

I have done some soul searching this past month and these are a few things that plan to spend my time doing and what I want from life:
  • I don’t want to just survive through life, I want to live it.
  • I want to make a difference in someone’s life.
  • I want to make sure those I care about and love, know it every single day.
  • I want to make those around me better.
  • I want to always keep my hunger for knowledge.
  • I want to learn and grow from those around me.
  • I want to challenge people to produce the best version of themselves.
  • I want to help others do some soul searching to find who they really are, who they want to become and what they want to do with their time on earth. 
  • I want to be that uplifting smile or person to brighten someone’s day when they are feeling low.
  • I want to always be excited about the little things.
  • I want to encourage those around me anytime a situation presents itself.
  • I want to be that person anyone can come to when they don’t know what to do when a difficult event arises.
  • I want to be someone that others can feel comfortable opening up to.
  • I want to be known as a person who keeps an open mind, one free from initial judgement and doubt.  
  • I want to be there for as many people as I can.
  • I never want to lose the lust for life.
  • I want to always look at the world with optimistic eyes full of wonder and excitement for what is to come.
  • I want to, “Inspire people. I want someone to look at me and honestly say, ‘Because of you, I didn’t give up.’” 
  • I want to live my life in such a way that people remember what I was able to teach them and how I made them feel. 
  • I want to be spontaneous and try new things every day.
  • I want to be continually test my limits and get outside my comfort zone.
  • I want the American dream of traveling the world, being healthy, falling in love, and one day having a beautiful and happy family.


Look inside yourself and figure out what you truly want from life. Are you spending your time the way you really want to?

No comments:

Post a Comment